OBSIDIAN PA6+CF [MARKFORGED ONYX ALTERNATIVE] 1Kg 1.75mm rolls
Obsidian™ PA6+CF filament was formulated to be a lower-cost drop-in Markforged Onyx
1kg of Obsidian vs 750g Markforged Onyx
Alternative to ONYX suitable for all Markforged printers.
IMPORTANT: 3DXTech recommend to dry this filament on 1st use as it can be very hydroscopic even if new.
- Drying Instructions: 90°C for 4 hours if the filament exhibits signs of moisture
We developed this material after extensive analysis and testing on our own in-house Markforged printer and many outside beta testers.
The result is a seamless printing experience that produces parts with an outstanding appearance and excellent mechanical properties.
Made using premium high-modulus carbon fiber and PA6 copolymer, Obsidian™ is an excellent alternative to Onyx™ that allows our customers to save money when using your Markforged printer.
Don’t have a Markforged printer? That’s no problem – Obsidian™ is also compatible with all non-Markforged printers that are suitable for printing PA6+CF.
Take advantage of the excellent strength, stiffness, and appearance of this specialty material without over spending on Markforged Onyx™.
Benefits of Obsidian™ PA6+CF [Markforged Onyx Alternative]:
- Drop-in for Onyx™ without any changes required to print settings
- >30% savings vs. Markforged Onyx™
- Excellent strength and stiffness
- Resistant to aliphatic hydrocarbons (oil/gas/lubricants)
- Superior dimensional stability (low warp/shrink/CTE)
- Compatible with Markforged FX20, X7, X5, X3, Mark Two, Onyx Pro, and Onyx One printers
Diameter: 1.75mm +/- 0.05mm
1000g rolls in BLACK only
Obsidian™ was formulated to be a drop-in for Onyx™ without any changes to the print settings.
3DXTech Recommended Print Settings for Non-Markforged Printers:
- Extruder: 265-285°C
- Bed Temp: 90-110°C
- Nozzle: We currently recommend a hardened steel nozzle
- Bed Prep: Magigoo Bed Prep and 3DXTECH Polyimide Tape gives us the best results
- Heated Chamber: Recommended
Formtech's Settings for what I have tweaked for my machines ( Non MF)
- Extruder : 280°C - I run hot and seems to work very well
- Bed: run at 110°C- Once again stops any lift off and keeps plastic under control
- Brim: YES, helps with warping later on 10mm brim 1st layer
- Perimeter walls 3min and top and bottom 4 min
- Magigoo PA ( Nylon) on clean well washed G11 bed
- Chamber warm but not hot, ambient temp from the bed
Drying Instructions: 90°C for 4 hours if the filament exhibits signs of moisture