OBSIDIAN PA6+GF Glass Fibre [MARKFORGED ONYX ALTERNATIVE] 1Kg 1.75mm rolls
Obsidian™-GF is a Glass Fiber reinforced PA6 that was formulated to print using stock Onyx™ settings. This is an excellent drop-in replacement for Markforged Onyx™ that offers many much-awaited colors in an engineering-grade material.
3 Colours in stock in New Zealand, White, Red and Blue
1kg of Obsidian vs 750g Markforged Onyx
Alternative to ONYX suitable for all Markforged printers DROP IN.
IMPORTANT: 3DXTech recommend to dry this filament on 1st use as it can be very hydroscopic even if new.
- Drying Instructions: 90°C for 4 hours if the filament exhibits signs of moisture
Obsidian™-GF Glass Fiber Reinforced PA6 filament was formulated to offer rich colorful options in an engineering-grade material for your Markforged printer.
Obsidian™-GF is a lower-cost drop-in Markforged Onyx Alternative suitable for all Markforged or any good printer that can use engineering filaments.
We developed this material after extensive analysis and testing on our own in-house Markforged printer and many outside beta testers. The result is a seamless printing experience that produces parts with an outstanding appearance and excellent mechanical properties. Made using premium chopped glass fiber and PA6 copolymer, Obsidian™-GF is an excellent alternative to Onyx™ that allows our customers choose brilliant colors, excellent mechanical properties, and save money when using your Markforged printer.
Don’t have a Markforged printer? That’s no problem – Obsidian™-GF is also compatible with all non-Markforged printers that are suitable for printing PA6+GF. Take advantage of the excellent strength, stiffness, and appearance of this specialty material without over spending on Markforged Onyx™.
Benefits of Obsidian™-GF PA6+GF [Markforged Onyx Alternative]:
- Drop-in for Onyx™ without any changes required to print settings
- >3 Brilliant Colors
- >9 More ductile (less brittle) than CF reinforced PA6/li>
- >30% savings vs. Markforged Onyx™
- Excellent strength and stiffness
- Resistant to aliphatic hydrocarbons (oil/gas/lubricants)
- Superior dimensional stability (low warp/shrink/CTE)
- Compatible with Markforged FX20, X7, X5, X3, Mark Two, Onyx Pro, and Onyx One printers
Diameter: 1.75mm +/- 0.05mm
1000g rolls and 3 colours here in New Zealand.
NOTE: There are 9 colours available in the USA please let me know if you need a specific colour and I'll order in the next batch.
Obsidian™ was formulated to be a drop-in for Onyx™ without any changes to the print settings.
3DXTech Recommended Print Settings for Non-Markforged Printers:
- Extruder: 265-285°C
- Bed Temp: 90-110°C
- Nozzle: We currently recommend a hardened steel nozzle
- Bed Prep: Magigoo Bed Prep and 3DXTECH Polyimide Tape gives us the best results
- Heated Chamber: Recommended
Formtech's Settings for what I have tweaked for my machines ( Non MF)
- Extruder : 280°C - I run hot and seems to work very well
- Bed: run at 110°C- Once again stops any lift off and keeps plastic under control
- Brim: YES, helps with warping later on 10mm brim 1st layer
- Perimeter walls 3min and top and bottom 4 min
- Magigoo GF ( Nylon) on clean well washed G11 bed
- Chamber warm but not hot, ambient temp from the bed
Drying Instructions: 90°C for 4 hours if the filament exhibits signs of moisture