Gen3 CarbonX™ Carbon Fiber Reinforced Nylon 3D Filament ( NZ Stock)
Gen3 CarbonX™ Carbon Fiber Reinforced Nylon 3D Filament
CarbonX Gen 3 is an amazing, reinforced nylon filament. By adding micro-carbon fibers to nylon, you get a tough filament capable of printing parts with stiffness, impact resistance, and high tensile strength. Gen3 CarbonX is an engineering grade filament, ready for home 3D printing, which gives you the durability of nylon combined with the stiffness of carbon fiber.
The best part of Gen3 CarbonX is that the carbon fiber adds stability and rigidity, so parts are much less likely to warp than with standard nylon. This means that printing with Gen3 CarbonX is actually easier than printing with traditional nylon while providing parts that are durable and stiff from the carbon fiber. Additionally, less warping means you can enjoy more accurate printed parts with fewer failed prints.
20% 'CHOPPED' CARBON FIBRE, 3DXTech are world leading in their class, most CF nylon are powder form.
PRICE SAVING in bulk - We can do bulk packs in 5 or 10, please email us for a quote
TECH DATA SHEETS
|3DXTech- Nylon Gen 3 CF|
High-Performance + High Temp Resistance:
Gen3 CarbonX™ CF-Nylon is a PA6 copolymer made using high-modulus carbon fiber and state-of-the-art compounding and extrusion technology.
Gen3 has higher HDT than our previous grades (147°C at .45MPa) allowing for expanded use in higher-temp applications.
Open Source: You do not need to purchase a special printer for CarbonX™ CF-Nylon.
Our CF Nylon (Gen 3) is suitable for use in practically any desktop 3D Printer that has a heated bed.
This makes our CF-PA6 an excellent choice for tools, fixtures, and jigs.
Colour: Black only
Product Attributes Include:
- High thermal properties: 150°C HDT
- Excellent strength and stiffness over a wide temperature range - up to 150°C
- Very low moisture absorption yielding improved retention of mechanical properties when exposed to humid environments
- Outstanding chemical resistance
- Low shrink / warp = excellent dimensional stability
- Low density is ideal for light-weight parts - 1.16g/cc
Gen3 CarbonX™ Carbon Fiber Reinforced Nylon- Video
Recommended Print Conditions:
- Extruder: 240-270°C. CarbonX™ CFR Nylon exhibits improved layer bonding at higher temperatures.
- Bed Temp: 80 - 100°C
- Bed Prep: Polyimide Tape, Clean glass with ABS/Acetone Slurry
- Hardened Nozzle: 0.4mm or larger.
- Layer Height: Ideal layer height is 60% of nozzle diameter. We do not recommend printing layers below 0.25mm with carbon fiber grades. Lower than 0.25mm may create too much back pressure in the hot end and result in poor feeding, jams, drive gear clicking, and eating a notch into the filament.