CARBONX™ PETG+CF Reinforced Co-Polyester Filament ( NZ Stock)
NEW ORDER JUST PLACED in the USA 21st Nov, SELLING FAST, order today to hold a roll for Pre Christmas orders.
If you place an order today for PETG CarbonX this will be on BACKORDER, new shipment here 29th Nov 2021.
Made in the USA using premium PETG and High-Modulus Carbon Fiber (not carbon powder or milled carbon fiber). CarbonX™ CF-PETG is an improved CF reinforced 3D printing filament vs. the competition. This filament is ideal for anyone that desires a structural component with high modulus, excellent surface quality, dimensional stability, light weight, and ease of printing.
Carbon fiber reinforced filaments are abrasive and can wear out a brass or aluminum nozzle. We recommend our Hardened Steel Nozzles
Benefits of CarbonX™ CF-PETG include:
- Superior Chemical Resistance vs. ABS
- Amorphous: Low and near isotropic shrinkage
- Low moisture absorption: 3X lower vs. ABS
- Very low odor emitted during printing
- Wide processing range: 230 - 270°C
Chemical Resistance: Unstressed tensile bars molded of PETG exhibit good resistance to dilute aqueous solutions of mineral acids, bases, salts, and soaps, and to aliphatic hydrocarbons, alcohols, and a variety of oils. Halogenated hydrocarbons, short chain length ketones, and aromatic hydrocarbons dissolve or swell the plastic.
New Data: We updated the mechanical and thermal data on our carbon fiber grades.
*Please note: 2kg and 4kg reels are special order and generally take 6 days to ship.
Email us for more info on this email@example.com
Recommended Print Conditions:
- Extruder: Ideally 230 to 260°C
- Platform Temp: 70 to 90°C
- Platform Prep: Clean glass w/ Kapton Tape, PVA-based glue, Hairspray
- Nozzle: We currently recommend minimum 0.40mm orifice.
- Layer Height: Ideal layer height is 60% of nozzle diameter. We do not recommend printing layers below 0.2mm with CF Grades.
- Carbon fiber filament is more abrasive than unfilled materials, so extended use will result in more wear on your nozzle.
- Support: Our Aquatek water soluble support works great to create complex parts.
- Drying Instructions: Please see the following instructions for when you want to dry out this filament.