CarbonX™ Carbon Fiber Reinforced Polycarbonate (PC) Filament ( NZ Stock)
CarbonX™ Carbon Fiber Reinforced Polycarbonate (PC) Filament
CarbonX™ CF-PC is a high-performance carbon fiber reinforced PC filament. This filament is ideal for anyone that desires a structural component with high heat, high stiffness, excellent surface quality, and dimensional stability. Polycarbonate has a Tg of 147°C and offers some of the highest thermal performance on the 3D market.
Recommended Print Conditions:
- Extruder: 280-310°C
- Bed Temp: 110-120°C
- Bed Prep: PEI Sheet or tape, Kapton/PI Tape, Glue stick on clean glass, ABS/Acetone Slurry
- Nozzle: We strongly recommend a 0.4mm orifice or larger using one of our Hardened Nozzles
- Layer Height: Ideal layer height is 60% of nozzle diameter. We do not recommend printing layers below 0.25mm with carbon fiber grades. Lower than 0.25mm may create too much back pressure in the hot end and result in poor feeding, jams, drive gear clicking, and eating a notch into the filament.
- Support: Our Aquatek or PVA water soluble support works great to create complex parts. This support can be found.
- Drying Instructions: Please see the following instructions for when you want to dry out this filament.