CARBONX™ PEKK+CF 10 Pack (AEROSPACE)
CarbonX™ Carbon Fiber Reinforced PEKK-CF (AEROSPACE)
PEKK (PolyEtherKetoneKetone) is one of the highest-performance polymers in world. Aerospace-grade performance made possible by using Kepstan® PEKK and Toray® Aerospace-Grade T800 24K Chopped Carbon Fiber. This compound was created for extreme applications where exceptional thermal, mechanical, and chemical resistance properties are required.
10% Saving on a 10 pack of filament
CarbonX® CF-PEKK has a wider processing window than PEEK and typically prints with extruder temps between 360-390°C, whereas CF-PEEK often requires extruder temps above 400°C. CarbonX™ PEKK has a lower rate and degree of crystallinity than PEEK, which aids in its ease of printing. However, once printed and annealed, PEKK-C parts exhibit superior performance vs. both PEKK-A and PEEK. Easier to print + superior performance!
CarbonX™ CF-PEKK product attributes include:
- This grade of PEKK is made using the 70/30 PEKK copolymer (PEKK-C)
- Toray® T800 24K Aerospace-Grade Chopped Carbon Fiber
- Substantially easier to print than PEEK
- Continuous Use Temperature (CUT) of 260°C, and higher for short duration
- Glass Transition Temp (Tg) of 162°C (20°C higher than PEEK)
- Melt Temp (Tm) of 335°C (allows for lower print temps than PEEK)
- Inherent flame resistance
- Low smoke generation - ideal for aerospace applications
- Outstanding mechanical, thermal, and chemical resistance
- Excellent resistance to a broad range of chemicals, such as those used in the oil/gas, automotive, aerospace, industrial, and chemical processing industries
- Diameter: 1.75mm, 2.85mm (+/- 0.05mm)
- Larger reel quantities and other diameters available upon request.
Recommended Print Conditions:
- Extruder Temp: 360 - 390°C
- Bed Temp: 120 - 140°C
- Bed Prep: PEI Tape is the ideal build surface, glue stick on clean glass is suitable
- Enclosure temperature: Up to 130°C if your printer is equipped with a heated chamber
- Nozzle Diameter: We strongly recommend a 0.4mm orifice or larger with hardened steel nozzles.
- Layer Height: Ideal layer height is 60% of nozzle diameter. We do not recommend printing layers below 0.25mm with carbon fiber grades. Lower than 0.25mm may create too much back pressure in the hot end and result in poor feeding, jams, drive gear clicking, and eating a notch into the filament.
- Drying Instructions: Please see the following instructions for when you want to dry out this filament.
Kepstan® is a registered trademark of Arkema